Saturday 18 April 2015

Some lighter moments of the Gallipoli diorama project


On his Wargames Obsession blog, Kapiti wargamer Herman van Kradenburg has described some of the lighter moments of our project, and posted some of the odder pictures (including the above photo of myself imitating the figure that the Perrys sculpted of me!).

Yes, we do acknowledge that this project is supposed to be a serious and meaningful commemoration of a very serious event.  But we're also sure that, just like soldiers of any period, our WW1 ancestors would've enjoyed the occasional laugh to distract themselves from the horrors of what they were going through. So we think they'll be OK with this touch of light humour.


2 comments :

  1. Next I want to see you in spandex and satin, with sequins of course! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope ... Even I have my limits!

    ReplyDelete