My turn, this time. Here are my latest completed figures - ten charging Turks, and ten (though only two shown here) casualties.
I used the Tamiya spray-paint method of putting on the two initial base-coats. I then dry-brushed these with a lighter colour, and then slopped on either Earthshade or Sepia washes. Finally, another dry-brushing to catch the edges of the clothing. Simples!
The weapon was a challenge, as I am only used to painting muskets and older firearms. So I followed up a link that Steve had provided on the regional forums, which pointed to some useful pictures of the Ottoman Mauser M1903 rifle. I learned, for example, that the wood covers the barrel for part of its length.
painting guide, and which they suggest is painted red. I aimed for not so much a bright red, but more of a dark maroon colour.
Anyway, that now brings my total up to 30 figures completed, with just over three weeks left on our countdown timer to the painting deadline.