Tuesday 7 April 2015

Perry twins' portrait of me in miniature

The Perrys kindly sculpted this 54mm trench-digging New Zealander as ... er ... me, albeit in a much more heroic stance than I usually adopt.

I'm not sure if I've done the clever sculpting justice, not being a fine detail painter, but generally using a more impressionistic 'dry-brush and wash' technique.

I'm told the oldest Anzac soldier at Chunuk Bair was 53 years old, so I felt I could paint this figure with grey(ish) hair.  But if necessary I can use an ink-wash to darken it up before the figure is placed in the Gallipoli diorama.

I was really taken to be included amongst the Perry specials for this diorama.  But my wife slightly deflated my bubble when she asked why the Perrys 'hadn't sculpted my tummy'!   

No comments :

Post a Comment